Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thief

Chartres is a real pain in the butt to bike to, because the countryside around it has a lot of hills that might be called "gently rolling" if the guy describing them were driving in a car. The town features a humongous cathedral, which beckons the weary biker from about 20 km away. If the cathedral's steeples were the size of those of a normal town church, the biker would be quite close when she first caught a glimpse. Instead, the fraternal twin steeples tease the rider for an agonizing hour.

I realized last night in the middle of those hills that, when moving out of my apartment a month and a half ago, I accidentally stole my roommate's french press and gave it to my little brother. Oops! I'm working on repatriation.

I am pleased to report that I was not captured, robbed, or molested last night! In fact, the couchsurfer I stayed with turned out to be quite nice. His roommate made us galettes for dinner, and he showed me where the breakfast food was and left me a spare set of keys to let myself out the apartment with. Now it's time to scram so that I can arrive in Orleans before dark!

Hope you're all well. Write to me sometime!

No comments: