Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Confession

This is terrible, shameful, and probably makes me deserve to have several dozen overripe tomatoes lobbed at my head: I am bored.

On day two at farm two, farmer Etienne surprised me with a new, French roommate. It took me three days to figure out that her name is Laura. She is staying at the farm for two weeks as part of some requirement for her university. She reads anime comic books and says "oh, la vache" a lot, and I'm not sure exactly what that means but I'm really glad she's there.

I am getting kicked out of a French library nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

4 comments:

gabi said...

Bored? With so much cheese? Impossible. Although, I must admit, you are missed. Saturday we were lacking a j'ne se qua in the shape of Catherine Jett.

But how's the hard labor going? Has the thumb reattached itself?

gabi said...

je ne sais quoi

opps

but how is it as well?!

theultimateguideforthemotherofthebride said...

"Oh, la vache" means something like: omg or as my mother used to say, "for heaven's sake." It is an expression of surprise if you will, until of course one repeats it all-day-long.

Your blog is truly fab-u-lous, a word that can be used in either French or English, just remember the emphasis on the first and last syllables...

xoT

Anonymous said...

Now that I know what "oh, la vache" means, thanks to your friend with the really long name, I think you should start saying "O.M.G." (as in, Oh Em Gee) all the time. You could teach your roommate the vernacular of 14 year olds (or anyone from LA).