Monday, October 6, 2008

Lots of fall babies

Happy October!

Yesterday one of the cows managed to pass a calf out of her body. Ow. Before we sat down to lunch, the front feet were sticking out a little bit; by the time we finished, the little guy was laying down getting a tongue bath from momma. Today there are 12 or 13 baby goslings, and two new stray kittens.

Have you ever cut an Italian sausage in half and then cooked it on the stove in a frying pan? It is sort of greyish brown and the meat pillows out the cut end? That's what the end of my thumb looks like. Loup the dog has been sniffing interestedly at the bandage at mealtime.

I'll be leaving the farm late this week. Next destination: undetermined.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine! I love being able to keep up with you via this blog. Sounds like you've had some interesting adventures so far. I cringed when I read about your thumb! :( Maybe your thumb should start its own blog so we can keep abreast of its (his/her?) latest happenings.

P.S. We're learning the past tense in French class, so let me know if you need any tips. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Hola Catherine,

I am now working full time so I can check out the blog. Shelby is home with her baby.

Keep writing!