Saturday, October 25, 2008

Back in the middle of nowhere

After nine hours and forty-seven minutes on the road yesterday, I arrived safely at the farm. The man who runs it is very nice, but his wife has said exactly two words to me since I arrived. One was her name. At least I have a little cottage to myself and do not have to rub elbows with her too much! Though their house is much more moden than jocelyne's, they have dial-up internet also. Further, their j key does not work, so I have to find j somewhere on the internet and copy and paste it every time I need it (like when I log into my email)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, Catherine! I love your google map! By the way, when I sign as "Chris H", do you know it's me? (That is, Chris Horton...lol) I figured "Chris H" might not be that uncommon, and I know you have tons of friends! :) Glad the couch surfing worked out. I had a friend who did that here in the States, and he never had any bad experiences. I once spent hours surfing on that site...it's addictive and pretty interesting to read comments, etc. Hope things go well at your current farm, and I sure hope the wife becomes a bit more friendly!!