Saturday, November 22, 2008

Better than singing in the shower

...is singing in the cheese cave. It is cool, completely sealed off from the world, and echoes. Yesterday, I got to bathe all 310 wheels of cheese with a cloth dipped in salt water. It took nearly three hours. "Sugar Daddy" from Hedwig and the Angry Inch is my current favorite to sing on a loop. Fortunately, I was not found out by Vincent or Florian (the farmers), because the song requires a few abrupt octave changes to accommodate my narrow vocal range. It works well on solo bike rides, too.

Other cheese cave revelations: 1)I don't think I will ever need another allergy shot for mold. 2)Those folks who thought the moon was made of cheese weren't so loopy after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yess!! Great pics!! Glad you posted the thumb shots. I was morbidly curious and you certainly did not exaggerate the injury.

So glad I can still cyberstalk you. I am keeping a list of snarky HP comments for your review. Take care! Besos!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's b/c I'm tired, but when I read your first line, for some reason I thought you were actually singing WHILE SHOWERING in the cheese cave!!!!