Friday, December 26, 2008

Joyeux Navidad

Hope the non-celebrants out there are having good Chinese food and a movie, and the rest of you survive (and enjoy) your family gatherings.

It's a relief to speak English again. The hardest part of being back in a half-American household is re-acclimating to the American keyboard (a portent of reverse culture shock to come). Today, my sis gave me a lesson in practical, rude French. Here are a couple sentences I came up with to practice my vocabulary:

Il qui croix que manger la peau de la poire est degueulasse est dingue.
(He who thinks that eating the skin of a pear is disgusting is nuts.)

Eplucher les pommes de terre me fait chier.
(Peeling potatoes bugs me [lit. makes me shit].)

As you can see, I'm still stuck on the fruit and veggie peel debate. The French man in residence (my "uncle") argues that peels are disgusting and ruin the flavor of apples, pears, potatoes, and who knows what else. The American contingent keeps trying to sneak peels into dinner.

Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feliz Noel to you too!! :) Hope you're enjoying some non-farm life for a few days!