Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Raw meat and stinky cheese

We've been having toast with cheese for breakfast, which seems very generically Euro to me, though our lovely French hostess Olivia claims she stole it from the Swedes. A few days ago, the soft wedge of cheese was brie, but today it is way stinkier than normal. I can't tell for sure if the brie has gotten a little bit reeky because we've been leaving it out for at least an hour every day, or if there has been a cheese swap for something that starts with a c, looks a lot like brie, and is really smelly. I suspect the latter but am unable to confirm it.

The French seem to enjoy eating raw hamburger meat with raw egg. Last night, Olivia ordered this--one of her favorites--and let me try it. It tasted good, and was much less suspect than the room temperature beef and "mashed potatoes" that I was served by United on the flight over.

On to the bike store!!

No comments: